Grüezi summer! Are you already enjoying the most beautiful time of the year? And do you like to spend every free minute outside? Whether it's going for a walk, having a picnic with friends, doing sports or spending a nice afternoon at the lake - and all of this, of course, preferably in the most beautiful sunshine.
The sun not only puts us in a good mood, but also helps to produce vitamin D, which is needed to strengthen bones and muscles. But too much sun can not only damage the skin, but also the eyes.
Did you know, for example, that not only the skin but also the protective layer of your eyes, the cornea, can get sunburned (UV keratitis)?
There are three types of UV radiation: UV-A, UV-B and UV-C rays, which differ in wavelength: UV-C rays, the UV rays with the highest energy, no longer reach the earth.
About ten percent of the short-wave UV-B rays reach the earth's surface and are responsible for sunburns - but also for eye problems such as cataracts. The longer-wave UV-A radiation reaches the earth largely unhindered, has less energy than UV-B rays, but penetrates deeper into the skin and is ultimately also responsible for skin ageing.
UV light is a considerable strain on our eyes. Especially on summer holidays, they are constantly exposed to UV radiation, and not only from the sun itself: water and sand surfaces reflect the rays and thus increase the UV intensity by up to 30%.
For UV protection for your eyes, we recommend ACUVUE® contact lenses, all of which offer Class 1 or Class 2 UV protection.1* ACUVUE® contact lenses also all offer a super-thin edge design, - helping to keep your eyes healthy.
Since contact lenses don't cover the entire eye, sunglasses are the perfect complement for your optimal UV protection.
ACUVUE® contact lenses are available as reusable and 2-week lenses, including the popular ACUVUE® OASYS.
And, of course, they are also available as daily disposable contact lenses: here we would like to recommend ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day, which offer the highest class 1 UV protection¹*. These contact lenses not only score top marks for UV protection, but also for exceptional comfort until the end of the day². They give your eyes a fresh feeling and make you forget that you are wearing contact lenses at all³ - just made for your summer!
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day is also available for those with astigmatism: ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day for ASTIGMATISM.
The integrated Eyelid Stabilized Design keeps the contact lenses in position at all times, ensuring clear and stable vision all day long
with every head and eye movement.⁴
1. JJV Data on File 2022. Material Properties: 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST, 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye, ACUVUE OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe Technology and ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day with TearStable Technology Brand Contact Lenses.
2. (1) JJV Data on File 2021. Similarities between Mucin and Poly(N-Vinyl Pyrrolidone) (PVP). (2) JJV Data on File 2021. HydraLuxe Technology Definition.
3. JJV Data on File 2016. 1-week dispensing evaluation, daily wear study, n=119 soft contact lens wearers in the United States.
4. JJV Data on File 2021. ACUVUE Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM - Overall Fitting Success, Orientation Position, Rotational Stability, and Vision Performance.
* All ACUVUE® brand contact lenses have a UV filter to protect against harmful UV rays so that the rays do not reach the cornea and the eye. UV absorbing contact lenses are NOT a substitute for UV absorbing and protecting sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and its surroundings. You should therefore wear UV-absorbing sunglasses in addition, as recommended by your contact lens specialist.
Wichtige Informationen für Kontaktlinsenträger: Wenn Sie weitere Informationen zum richtigen Tragen, zur richtigen Pflege und zur Sicherheit erhalten möchten, wenden Sie sich an Ihren Kontaktlinsenspezialisten und lesen Sie die Gebrauchsanweisung auf www.acuvue.de/at.
ACUVUE® und ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day sind eingetragene Markenzeichen von Johnson & Johnson © Johnson & Johnson AG 2022 | PP2022MLT5643